[RE-wrenches] Kudos to manufacturer!

penobscotsolar at midmaine.com penobscotsolar at midmaine.com
Wed Feb 20 10:44:01 PST 2013

Hi all,
   I am not sure Michael will let this one pass, but with all the problems
we seem to have at times, I thought it was worth mentioning...
   We are currently working out of the country, in the Caribbean, in a
very isolated, off grid location. Our distributor (this name will
beheld for the "RE Bitching" List) sent us a wrongly configured quad
stack (Flex1000) which took less than 60 seconds to fry one of the
inverters due to AC feedback. I was in the middle of checking the
stacking configuration when the DC breaker to one of the inverters
tripped. Needless to say, the inverter never came back to life. OutBack
techs did an amazing job, getting me replacement boards in ONE DAY
(with NO HELP from the  distributor, despite my asking them to fix
their mistake). It might just have been luck, but the OutBack techs
created that luck in a situation that could have cost me many thousands
of dollars. I just think they deserve some recognition for it. A big
shout out to Jorge and Kurt at OutBack!! I owe you guys many cuba
libre's....)

Daryl DeJoy
NABCEP Certified PV installer
Penobscot Solar Design