[RE-wrenches] 24V Module Query

John Berdner John.Berdner at solaredge.com
Fri Jan 25 06:39:53 PST 2013

Ray:

I believe either a MPPT or PWM charge controller will work.
I say I believe because IndOp is new and we actually designed it to work with MPPT inverters.
It should work with PWM as well but I have only tried it with one PWM charge controller (Morningstar) and that worked fine.
Until we get some experience out there I don't want to over promise but in theory it should be fine.

Another option is to use IndOp connected directly to the battery and a separate diversion regulator.
Since failure of a diversion regulator can create serious problems some backup is highly recommended (also required by NEC).

Best Regards,

John Berdner
General Manager, North America

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CDFAC6.C81684C0]

SolarEdge Technologies, Inc.
3347 Gateway Boulevard, Fremont CA 94538 USA  (*Please note of our new address.)