[RE-wrenches] Water tank for dump load

James Jarvis jj at aprsworld.com
Tue Feb 19 15:26:24 PST 2013

Hi Nathan,

Greer Tank in Fairbanks could weld in additional bungs into whatever
tank you want. They have certified pressure vessel welders. You are
hardly in prime tank season, so I would imagine this would be relatively
cheap.

Or you could look at McMaster-Carr's tanks on page 956. Go to
mcmaster.com and punch in 956 into the search box. They have a 15 gallon
that appears to have three 1" bungs + one 1-1/4" bung + one 1/2" bung.
Galvanized steel for $213.76 ... in stock ... ships from Los Angeles.
They have a 30 gallon, too. You can e-mail them and ask nicely and you
might get a better drawing or a manufacturer part number.

I bet I know what project this is for. :-)

-James Jarvis
APRS World, LLC

On 02/19/2013 04:44 PM, Nathan Stumpff wrote:
> Wrenches,
>
> I am designing a system with a  sizable diversion load and am looking
> for the smallest water tank I can get with four ports for elements. I
> will be supplying my own elements and need four 1” bungs. I am
> definitely trying to avoid a large, expensive solar thermal tank, but
> that is all I have found so far. The tank can be very small because I
> will be circulating between it and a much larger storage tank. 20
> gallons would be ideal.
>
> Anyone have a tip on a cheap, small tank with 4 ports?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Nathan
>
> --
>
> Nathan J. Stumpff - Arctic Sun, LLC
>
> NABCEP Certified PV Installer #091209-175
>
> NABCEP Certified Solar Heating Installer #032412-14
>
> nathan at arcticsun-llc.com <mailto:nathan at arcticsun-llc.com>
>
> Office: 907/457-1297
>
> http://www.facebook.com/ArcticSunLLC

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org