[RE-wrenches] Micro inverters not on the roof.

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Tue Dec 17 14:08:39 PST 2013

William,
If your Vmp drop is under 2% (my design goal for maximum acceptable loss) I can't see any reason why not.

Larry

On Dec 17, 2013, at 3:00 PM, "William Miller" <william at millersolar.com> wrote:

Friends:

I am reworking an existing off-grid system to become a grid-tie with micro-inverters.  With your help, we have already determined that the M-190 inverters will work and we have acquired the 9 of them we need.

Since the installation was completed in 1996, the home owner has installed a shade cover over a skylight.  Some of the supporting structure is preventing us from getting under the modules to install the M-190s.  Each module was fed to the equipment cabinet since the combiner was located there.  I have decided it will be much easier to install the M-190s in the equipment cabinet.  We have everything we need there:  The individual PV leads (in 10AWG), the breaker panel and room to mount the inverters.  Can any of you see any reason why the M-190s can’t be installed no on the roof?

Thanks in advance,

William

<image002.jpg>
17395 Oak Rd. Atascadero, CA 93422