[RE-wrenches] Micro inverters not on the roof.

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Tue Dec 17 14:00:57 PST 2013

Friends:

I am reworking an existing off-grid system to become a grid-tie with
micro-inverters.  With your help, we have already determined that the M-190
inverters will work and we have acquired the 9 of them we need.

Since the installation was completed in 1996, the home owner has installed a
shade cover over a skylight.  Some of the supporting structure is preventing
us from getting under the modules to install the M-190s.  Each module was
fed to the equipment cabinet since the combiner was located there.  I have
decided it will be much easier to install the M-190s in the equipment
cabinet.  We have everything we need there:  The individual PV leads (in
10AWG), the breaker panel and room to mount the inverters.  Can any of you
see any reason why the M-190s can't be installed no on the roof?

Thanks in advance,

William

cid:679355323 at 23072013-1054

17395 Oak Rd. Atascadero, CA 93422