[RE-wrenches] Enphase and Line Noise

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Wed Oct 16 17:52:27 PDT 2013

Hey Eric, Wrenches:

The first thing that jumps out at me is the timer in the neutral.  That is
messed up.  You should never switch the neutral.

I have had some difficult Enphase interference problems.  I was told this
and did not believe at first, but always, always, bring your Enphase feeds
into a separate sub-panel.  In that sub-panel install the breaker feeding
the receptacle for the Envoy.  This way you can filter the feeder to that
sub-panel and it is isolated from the entirety of the remaining electrical
system.

I tried the toroidal filters but they did not work  Nick Soleil recommended
an in-line filter from Digi-key that did the trick.  Here is the link:

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?vendor=0
<http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?vendor=0&keywords=FN+2450G-20-61>
&keywords=FN+2450G-20-61

Good luck.