[RE-wrenches] Li-I question

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Mon Sep 23 11:10:06 PDT 2013

That's almost $2000/ kwh, which is close to 10 times the cost of the
best lead acid.  That doesn't seem to make sense for solar yet, but it
would for electric vehicles because of the weight reduction. Possibly
their price has dropped in 2 years?   I'm seeing some other sources in
the EV world selling 100 AH Li+ cells for about $450/ kwh, which is more
like it.

R.Ray Walters
CTO, Solarray, Inc
Nabcep Certified PV Installer,