[RE-wrenches] Li-I question

Exeltech exeltech at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 23 11:25:42 PDT 2013

Ray .. and everyone ..

I've been consulting recently on a large off-grid project where the battery price is in the $300/kW-h range for a purchase quantity of 100,000 SCiB cells.  That's actually a low cell count compared to the automotive industry.  The cells can accept up to 8C charge/discharge without damage over a range of -30C to +55C.  The most recent high-performance versions of these cells are spec'd to cycle from 100% to 0% DOD, with a performance reduction of less than 20% from new after 10,000 cycles.  Consumer-grade versions of these cells are rated for 6,000 cycles, and I believe are priced accordingly.

If you do the math, this is very competitive with the price/performance and energy performance of L-A batteries.

They're getting there....

Regards to all,

Dan Lepinski