[RE-wrenches] PV Assist

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Fri Aug 16 17:56:09 PDT 2013

Friends:

I am a bit surprised at the responses I have gotten on this thread.  I
appreciate the technical advice and I don't mind the polite philosophical
discussion like the one below.  However, I received one reply, fortunately
off-line, that was not very polite, to say the least.

I have been advised to abandon the clients that don't fit someone's criteria
of green living.  I don't think this is appropriate advice, especially if
the adviser does not know what the whole story is.

For example, one of the aforementioned clients was sold a bill of goods by a
now defunct local installer. He retired, bought the property, moved in with
a generator and then waited way too long for the scam artist to build a
system that would "power everything with the rays of the sun."

Tens of thousands of dollars later the client fired the scammer and asked me
to help as best I could.  He is on a fixed income, he lives with extended
family, the daughter has severe health problems, the son in law is out of
work, etc..  My client is in a tight situation, with no good choices.

Yes, I could tell the guy f*** you, you don't meet my standards.  But I am
not that kind of person.  I am trying to help the customer get by as best he
can by working as a team.  This, my friends, is the professional and humane
thing to do, and I make no apologies.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

William Miller

PS:  the "good" customers are not necessarily the greenest people, they are
the ones that reduce consumption as best they can, do their homework, trust
me and pay on time.

Wm