[RE-wrenches] SW AGS

Eric.Bentsen at schneider-electric.com Eric.Bentsen at schneider-electric.com
Wed Aug 7 12:54:13 PDT 2013

Hi Eric,
 Sounded like bad batteries to me also (I think he called in this AM). He
has (2) XW6048 units that are
capable of 200ADC between them, and he also has 1260Ah of flooded
capacity. DC Start V is set for 46.5V, so if we assume he was close to 50%

discharge (depending on load), it should take almost 2 hours to reach the
bulk voltage (80% replaced). His batteries were ramping up to bulk
in just a couple of minutes, meaning the batteries were not absorbing the
charge. I have heard varying opinions on the symptoms of sulfation,
but it does sound like a battery issue (5 yrs old). He was advised to
equalize to try and recover them (he has never done this), or replace
them.
Rgds,

Eric Bentsen  |   Schneider Electric   |  Solar Business  |   UNITED
STATES  |   Technical Support Representative
Phone: +(650) 351-8237 ext. 001#  |
Email: eric.bentsen at schneider-electric.com  |   Site:
www.schneider-electric.com/solar  |   Address: 250 South Vasco Rd.,
Livermore, CA 94551

*** Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail