[RE-wrenches] SW AGS

SunHarvest eric at harvesthesun.com
Wed Aug 7 12:38:56 PDT 2013

I read through the archives on the XW AGS thread but have a query on behalf of a customer with an SW AGS issue. I'm heading out to the remote site tomorrow and would like, if possible, to show up knowing what I might be up against.

The customer recently replaced his AGS for his two SW 6048s and then upgraded his firmware a week later. He reported that his problem with the AGS began after firmware upgrade. Here's the particular issue:

AGS will try to start the 15.8kW Multi-Quip genny due to low battery voltage (event 306 DCV start). After about 5 minutes the AGS will stop the genny due to battery absorption level reached (event 313 ABS stop). The AGS will go through this event 306/313 cycle on and off until the homeowner shuts down the AGS. To me this sounds like bad batteries. But, the homeowner says this cycling does not occur when he manually starts the generator. This doesn't sound like a complicated problem but so far I'm unfamiliar with the SW AGS. So, I would greatly appreciate any insight you guys can offer me.

Thanks!!

Eric
SunHarvest
001.530.798.3738 (Cell)