[RE-wrenches] EGC for Enphases

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Fri Jul 5 14:13:54 PDT 2013

Hi Dave,

I'm not sure I'm understanding your scenario clearly but I'll take a crack
at it. The Enphase system should have a bare #6 GEC for each micro and can
then transition to a #8 green GEC once in conduit and run all the way back
to the main ground electrode system. The #6 and #8 should be irreversibly
crimped together since the GEC needs to be continuous. Certainly it is not
okay for the neutral in the Lennox panel to be bare unless it is somehow a
main panel. You could run the DC GEC along with the other conductors and
it can serve as a dual purpose GEC and equipment grounding conductor per
2011 NEC 690.47(C)(3).

Best,

August