[RE-wrenches] Dual Channel Inverters

Chris Mason cometenergysystems at gmail.com
Tue May 7 11:55:29 PDT 2013

What you are asking for is the Sunny Tripower 10/12/15/17 3 phase 2 mppt
input inverters, which we are using in the 415V locations but are not
available in the US. I don't understand why, they are fantastic units. The
units have up to 6 string inputs, string monitoring, built in electronic
safety switches, really neat equipment. We need to pressure SMA to make
them available States-side.

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 11:03 AM, Troy Harvey <taharvey at heliocentric.org>wrote:

> Since we stopped using micro-inverters due to the high failure rate,
> network problems, difficultly in replacement – I've been using the
> power-one inverters a bunch because the dual channels solve most of tricky
> issues like different roof aspects, shading, and uneven strings.
>
> However, they are limited to 6kW, which is only mid sized in todays world.
> I'm constantly having to design 7-12k systems in residential applications
> all the time. Any other dual channel inverts of the market for 240VAC? I
> remember back a few years ago that sharp had a 3-channel inverter. Doesn't
> look like it is still around.
>
> thanks,
>
> Troy Harvey
>
> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org