[RE-wrenches] Battery backup under attack in CA

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Thu Aug 8 07:45:51 PDT 2013

Hi Wrenches,

I bumped into this article about an Outback battery backup system being
rejected by a utility in Southern CA:

http://www.renewableenergyworld.com/rea/news/article/2013/08/solar-battery-backup-under-attack-in-california?cmpid=SolarNL-2013-08-08

It sounds like the utility is rejecting the system because the batteries
have the capability of feeding back to the grid. I'm not familiar enough
with the Outback system to know how this would work. We are installing a
pretty good amount of Sunny Island based battery backups these days but
they don't have the capability of sending battery power to the grid.

Thoughts?

-August

*August Goers*

Luminalt Energy Corporation