[RE-wrenches] (no subject)

Mac Lewis maclewis1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 16:31:34 PDT 2013

Hello wrenches,

I am looking for guidance with charging setpoints for a battery that I
don't have experience with.  This system was put in by another solar
company and this battery bank failed after 1.5 years.  He bought these
batteries without consulting us, but now we are stuck with them.
It is a Deka Intimidator Gel Sealed Battery 12V 225 Ahr.  It is set up as 3
strings of 4 batteries to give a 675Ahr bank at 48V.  The batteries were
not wired at opposite corners, but inverter/charger leads were connected to
the middle string.  We will fix that and other things but I don't use Deka
batteries.
What charger setpoints would you recommend for this battery bank?  Does
anyone have a good tech contact at Deka?  Anyone have any results to report
about this type of battery in a solar application?

Thanks in advance

--

Mac Lewis

*