[RE-wrenches] center feeding Enphase

Jesse Dahl dahlsolar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 17:18:48 PST 2013

Hello,

I am in the process of installing a Enphase system that requires center
feeding the individual 15 modules circuits. I am wondering about wiring the
J-Box.  I need to cut all of the boxes into the center of the runs of
Engauge cable and maintain the 6" of free conductor.  To do this, I will
need to pull the trunk cable towards the J-Box.  There are a few spots
where doing this may pull the inverter connection points to far from the
inverter.  It looks like like the spots where this will be a problem is
where the circuit of modules is made up of modules from different
North-South rows of racking. I took some rough measurements at the end of
the day, but haven't really laid the cable out to check if it will really
be problem.

I'm sure this is common, and easily fixed, but a conformation from another
installer would surely be welcome.

Thanks,

Jesse