[RE-wrenches] off grid PV connected to generator

Carl Emerson Carl at solarking.net.nz
Wed Dec 12 17:20:15 PST 2012

Hi there,

Does it not depend on the size of the generator?

I know that solar grid tie into a diesel generator derived grid is done on
several pacific Islands.

Carl Emerson

At 02:07 PM 12/12/2012, you wrote:

Hi Wrenches,

I have a quick theoretical question related to trying to run a standard grid
tied PV system off grid with a generator. A client called me wondering if he
could run his small Honda generator off grid connected to his load center
and then turn on his PV system. What would happen if more PV power is
produced than is being consumed? Anyone tried this?

Best,

August