[RE-wrenches] outback power wrench support?

Chris Mason cometenergysystems at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 09:38:14 PDT 2012

It may also not be legal. If they sold you goods that were not fit for
service and refused to make good on the replacement, they would certainly
be in trouble in Europe and the UK, not so sure in the US as there is
little consumer protection. But if there were multiple examples, I would
think they were open to a Attorney General prosecution for fraudulent sales
practices.

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar Power
Systems <larry at starlightsolar.com> wrote:

> Todd,
>
> Same thing happened to me TWICE. They simply don't understand how this
> affects the customer and US, their dealers. After I got the same response,
> i.e. too bad, dealer and consumer, you are SOL, I started promoting Magnum
> Energy inverters instead of Outback. It's just not right.
>
> Larry Crutcher
> Starlight Solar Power Systems
> (928) 342-9103
> *www.starlightsolar.com*
> *
> *
> *
> *
>

> On Jun 20, 2012, at 4:46 PM, toddcory at finestplanet.com wrote:
>
> wrenches,
>

> i recently installed a grid-tie with battery backup system. the fm 80 was
> defective out of the box, so i called outback for a replacement. i got a
> refurbished unit which when installed resolved the problem. the customer
> was not happy about paying for a new unit and getting a used one.
>

> when contacting outback about why a new (defective) charge controller was
> replaced with a refurbished one and how can i be compensated for basically
> doing outback's product quality control i was told:
>

> "OutBack Power Technologies does not offer compensation for warranty work."
>

> question: is this the new norm at outback? if so... this is a sad day for
> me.
>

> todd
>

> Sent from Finest Planet WebMail.
>
> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org