[RE-wrenches] sub-panel supply-side tap

Mark Frye markf at berkeleysolar.com
Tue Jun 5 20:04:17 PDT 2012

Kirk,

You may be doing a tap on the feeder at a point that is on the "supply
side" of the sub panel, but this is not the same as doing a "supply
side" connection per 690.49 (A). You are still doing a "load side"
connection per 690.49 (B).

You still need to look at the size of the feeder breaker and the pv
breaker together to insure that the feeder has sufficient ampapacity per
690.49.

Mark Frye