[RE-wrenches] PV direct pump under 30V and conduit in building

Kent Osterberg kent at coveoregon.com
Thu May 3 10:18:14 PDT 2012

Jason,

690.31(A) permits PV wiring for circuits below 30 volts to be installed
in accessible locations without conduit or raceways. But 690.31(E)
requires the use of metal raceways for PV circuits inside a building. It
does not require EMT. It specifically allows MC cable. Unless there are
local codes specifying otherwise, MC cable should be allowed. Even that
is overkill for a small 12-volt module.

Kent Osterberg
Blue Mountain Solar, Inc.
www.bluemountainsolar.com