[RE-wrenches] Fix the Fluorescents: What about LED tubes for late 2012?

William Dorsett wmdorsett at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 5 19:33:31 PST 2012

In the early days, LED's were rated by the candela and so everything was
apples and oranges. Long time ago, I used an LED to allow boats to navigate
into a narrow passage by lining it up with a second one a distance away. You
didn't have to read a map by it, just see it. As you said Alan, with
Christmas lights and candles you are only looking for a pretty spot of light
without really thinking of lumens. At least now LED's are also rated in
lumens. And it is still very worth the trouble checking lumens/watt. I was
in Home Despot not long ago, comparing LED's with linear fluorescents and
none of the LED's compared well.

Bill Dorsett

Sunwrights

Manhattan, KS