[RE-wrenches] parallel OCPD

mac Lewis maclewis1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 06:16:05 PDT 2012

Good points.  I would think a more dangerous situation would be the case
that you often have with large parallel feeders landing on a single OCPD.
 If one wire has a little less resistance, it will always run hotter than
the other, and you could easily overheat a wire that is protected by that
large OCPD.
Thanks

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 6:48 AM, Jeff Irish <jeff at hudsonsolar.com> wrote:

>  Code issues aside, even two seemingly identical runs each with breakers
> would have at least slightly different resistances, causing the lower
> resistance run to take more than half the total current, tripping the
> breaker in that run, then causing a tripping of the breaker in the other
> run.****
>
> ** **
>
> Jeff Irish****
>
> ** **