[RE-wrenches] parallel OCPD

Chris Mason cometenergysystems at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 10:29:07 PDT 2012

I believe that current flow through two parallel conductors
is inherently balanced by ohms law. I think the reason the NEC
prohibits parallel cables below 1/0 is to stop contractors taking
shortcuts, using two conductors just because it was what they had.
electrically it works fine. At some point you have to be able to use two or
more conductors.

Chris Mason
President, Comet Systems Ltd
www.cometenergysystems.com