[RE-wrenches] Kyocera KC 120-1R = 102 Watt

Wallace Stahle wstahle at pacific.net
Tue Jul 3 15:35:58 PDT 2012

On Jun 28, 2012, at 11:11 AM, Marv Dargatz wrote:

> What is “peak volts” and “peak amps”?
>
> The only ratings that should apply here are Vmp and Imp.  Plus, of course, deratings for temperature and correction for irradiance and angle of incidence.
>  See ya!
>
> Marv

> I multiplied the labeled peak volts x the peak amps at STC.  That is, using the stated data from label on back of module.

Uh yeah, up here in Northern California, or at least the small padded room I'm in, peak volts and peak amps are the same as Vmp and Imp. I just got sloppy being way tired when I posted that.

Even with that fuzzyness explained,  the KC120-1R modules being sent as replacements are actually LABELED on back as putting out 102 watts at STC  if you multiply the.... stated on the label.
Yet it is called KC120-1R   That is shocking and represents deliberate deception in my opinion.

If any of you have replaced these faulty KC120s with KC120-1R then I encourage you to find out what the labeled Vmp x Imp is.

If you want to open a can of worms that is.

It may be these two are an anomaly. I am having the recipient of the batch in question confirm on those he has.

Happy trails,

Wallace Stahle
Future Electric Energy Co
P O Box 236