[RE-wrenches] Troubleshooting Off-grid PV...Bad batch of KC120's

SunHarvest eric at harvesthesun.com
Mon Jun 4 10:21:28 PDT 2012

Hi Wrenches,

Thanks for all your input. I took the advice of those wrenchers suggesting I had bad modules and am in the process of dealing with Kyocera - will update when I have received their final answer.

My problem was that when I tested the modules they showed normal Voc and Isc. But I was testing them, albeit in direct sunlight, after storing them for the evening so they were cool and unloaded. When I tested them on the roof after being loaded up and exposed to higher temperatures, their performance diminished to nearly zero. So, after testing the mods on the ground, I thought I had production from my array and was suspect of the other components. I know my batteries are on their way out. But just how far out the door?...more testing...

Eric Stikes
SunHarvest