[RE-wrenches] Absolyte recovery

mac Lewis maclewis1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 07:08:48 PST 2012

Hi Chris,

I suspect that the charger in the Apollo Inverter/Charger is undersized,
especially since all of the loads are -48V.  Conversely, the array is very
oversized and the controllers float most of the time.  The charge
controllers were working fine last I checked.  It's difficult to access the
site right now, it includes a 30 mile snow mobile ride.  We intended to put
a comprehensive remote monitoring system but it didn't get put in before
the snow came.  I want to get up there and help the system limp along until
snow melt when we can do a thorough assessment.
The generator guy went up there and someone had pulled the stop switch on
the genset.  The battery voltage was around 5V on a 48V bank.  Yikes!

  Thanks for the contact info.

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 2:13 PM, Chris <chris at solarwindworks.com> wrote:

> Hi Mac,****
>
> We had a cell failure on an Absolyte system we inherited and contacted;***
> *
>
> Jeff Lambert
> Product Support and Warranty
> East Penn Mfg. Co., Inc. - Unigy Battery Division ****
>
> ( Office: (610) 682 – 6361 ext. 2848   | *È*Cell: (484) 955 – 2899  |  ÇPage:
> 888-797-8039  (If no answer on Cell)  |  * Email:
> jlambert at eastpennunigy.com****
>
> Jeff was very helpful.****
>
> I do wonder if your charge controllers are getting the array power out to
> the battery bank, was there any damage to them too? Is the Apollo 4048
> inverter/charger doing its job, is it undersized for the size of battery
> bank?****
>
> ** **
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Chris Worcester****