[RE-wrenches] Interstate L-16 vs Trojan L-16REB

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Thu Feb 16 08:29:37 PST 2012

John,

Are you including your new RE battery as being acceptable for float/standby service without cycling? Since you do not recommend cycling your battery, do you also recommend no equalization charge when in float/standby use?

Frankly I question the logic of leaving any deep cycle flooded battery at a constant float voltage for months or years at a time. Do you have test data that will help me overcome my skepticism?

Thank you,

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar Power Systems
(928) 342-9103