[RE-wrenches] Interstate L-16 vs Trojan L-16REB

John DeBoever jdeboever at trojanbattery.com
Thu Feb 16 08:09:17 PST 2012

Wrenches,
Todd,

Trojan Battery manufactures only true deep-cycling lead-acid batteries, from our 4 factories, based in the USA.
Periodic cycling is not a requirement or benefit in achieving longer flooded lead acid deep-cycle battery life.

There are some valid reasons to prefer flooded lead-acid deep-cycle lead-acid batteries for some residential semi-cycling / semi-floating applications.  Typical floating-only applications do not have to feature a true deep cycle, although our Trojan products will work fine, without requiring periodic cycling. There are some batteries being marketed and labeled Deep Cycle that are not, and these will be affected by any amount of cycling, which is giving the Lead Acid industry a not so good name.

John