[RE-wrenches] battery venting; Corrosion

John DeBoever jdeboever at trojanbattery.com
Fri Jan 6 08:00:01 PST 2012

Kent,

Thank you for pointing at the units. Please note that:

*         You are looking for cc/hr/Ah/cell rates at float and equalization voltages.

*         Gassing is a function of charging current (FLA: an ampere-hour of overcharge, i.e. during float or equalization mode, results in about 0.33 cc of H2O total gassing per cell)

*         For constant voltage (float or equalization) the current is a function of temperature and stage of battery life (plus any failure modes that begin to occur toward end-of-life)

I'll work up a response after a series of meetings.

John