[RE-wrenches] Pole Mount PVC

Drake drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Tue Jan 3 14:19:04 PST 2012

At 01:48 PM 1/3/2012, you wrote:

>This is a very common way to install this conduit, so I  really
>would like to know how this inspector would route wire from the top
>of a pole down into a trench while passing through a concrete footer.

The instruction was to install the elbow above the footer and run
pipe along the top of the concrete, then LB into the trench.  This
was not directly told to me by an inspector, but by a NABCEP
certified installer who said he has been forbidden to run pipe
through the concrete by "building departments".  The theory was that
the conduit would weaken the anchor.

I've got another pole mount coming up, and wanted to make sure that
there wasn't something I was missing, possibly from the UBC.

Thanks to all who helped clear this up.  I plan to run the pipe
through the concrete, as always.

Drake

Drake Chamberlin
ATHENS ELECTRIC LLC