[RE-wrenches] Pilot Hole Template

Jesse Dahl dahlsolar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 18:00:54 PST 2012

Hello,

The roof I'm currently working on is not a typical roof.  The construction
is as follows:

2"x6" tongue and groove exposed inside, with 4 inches of foam (blue board)
and on top of that 3/4" plywood with asphalt shingles on top of that.

I'd like to make a template to ensure that my pilot bit doesn't wander when
I'm going through the blue board.  If I miss the beams inside, the hole or
the lag would be exposed.

Anybody run across this? Ideas?  I thought of maybe using a qucikmount
flashing, with a short section of EMT attached to help guide the bit....

Thanks!

Jesse