[RE-wrenches] Pilot Hole Template

Benn At DayStarSolar benn at daystarsolar.ca
Tue Dec 11 20:19:08 PST 2012

Jesse,
I can't picture how you will use the flashing and EMT as a guide?

2x6 tongue and groove? So is it laid flat (interconnecting the T&G) or is it on edge like a truss?

Either way, if you can establish a reference point from inside to the roof, then from the inside (if accessible) accurately measure the distances you want to hit the 'beams' (are these the 2x6s you mentioned?) and either record the measurements or mark them on a length of something (EMT, mounting rail, make marks on your tape) and transfer it to the roof.
Make sure to note north/south on each end of your measurement 'template' while inside so it doesn't get switched around when you get on the roof.
Also it might be good to confirm the measurements for each rail/row to account for any variances from row to row.

Hope this helps?

benn
Sent from a 'smart' phone, with touch screen keys. Please excuse shortcuts and typos.