[RE-wrenches] Enphase/Conergy Suntop and Weeb

benn kilburn benn at daystarsolar.ca
Tue Jul 31 18:12:40 PDT 2012

Wrenches,
Have any of you noticed that when using Enphase inverters on the conergy
suntop rails and using weeb clips, that the inverters can only be installed
facing in one direction in regards to the rails?  Otherwise there is only
contact between 3 of the 4 teeth on the weeb clip.
It seems to me that the inverter needs to be installed on the opposite side
of the rail that the roof attachment mounting quickstone slot is located.
This is a pretty important piece of info to know BEFORE mounting the rails
and then installing the engage cable, before you figure this detail out the
hard way.
I don't see this detail mentioned in the Suntop, Enphase or Weeb install
manuals, however in a related note I did come across this  >>>Important
Notes <http://www.we-llc.com/WEEB_problems.html>    about incompatibility
with weebs and some modules. FYI.

For a while I was thinking it was a puzzle where I had to align the three
pieces right to get them to fit properly, but try as I might I could only
get it to work if the inverter was facing in one particular direction and
located midway on the mounting bolt.
Has anyone else picked up on this?

benn

DayStar Renewable Energy Inc.
www.daystarsolar.ca  *  Ph: 780-906-7807
Construction Electrician Solar Photovoltaic Systems Certified
Certificate # 0007S
HAVE A SUNNY DAY