[RE-wrenches] Enphase/Conergy Suntop and Weeb

Nick Soleil nsoleil at enphaseenergy.com
Wed Aug 1 11:11:45 PDT 2012

Hi Benn,

I manage the content on Enphase's Racking Compatibility List and WEEB List,
and have worked with the engineers from Wiley (now Burndy.)  We have tested
the Enphase microinverters with multiple configurations of WEEBs and
racking types, and the ground is adequate with 3 of the 4 tabs making
contact between the microinverter and rail.

The Conergy SunTop / CMC / M215 is not the only pairing where this occurs;
it occurs with most pairings.

Don't worry about this one.  It is fine. No additional steps should be
taken during the installation process to try and prevent this.

What is more important is using a 1-1/2" fender washer to spread out the
clamping force applied to the lid of the M215 microinverters.

Feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions or concerns
(my contact info is below.)

Nick Soleil

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 6:12 PM, benn kilburn <benn at daystarsolar.ca> wrote:

> Wrenches,
> Have any of you noticed that when using Enphase inverters on the conergy
> suntop rails and using weeb clips, that the inverters can only be installed
> facing in one direction in regards to the rails?  Otherwise there is only
> contact between 3 of the 4 teeth on the weeb clip.
> It seems to me that the inverter needs to be installed on the opposite
> side of the rail that the roof attachment mounting quickstone slot is
> located.  This is a pretty important piece of info to know BEFORE mounting
> the rails and then installing the engage cable, before you figure this
> detail out the hard way.
> I don't see this detail mentioned in the Suntop, Enphase or Weeb install
> manuals, however in a related note I did come across this  >>>Important
> Notes <http://www.we-llc.com/WEEB_problems.html>   about incompatibility
> with weebs and some modules. FYI.
>
> For a while I was thinking it was a puzzle where I had to align the three
> pieces right to get them to fit properly, but try as I might I could only
> get it to work if the inverter was facing in one particular direction *and
> * located midway on the mounting bolt.
> Has anyone else picked up on this?
>
> benn
>
> DayStar Renewable Energy Inc.
> www.daystarsolar.ca  *  Ph: 780-906-7807
> Construction Electrician Solar Photovoltaic Systems Certified
> Certificate # 0007S
> HAVE A SUNNY DAY

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>
> Options & settings:

> List rules & etiquette:

Cordially,

*Nick Soleil*

*Field Applications Engineer
*

*Enphase Energy*

Mobile: (707) 321-2937
**

1420 North McDowell

Petaluma, CA 94954

www.enphase.com <http://www.enphaseenergy.com/>

P: (707) 763-4784 x7267

F: (707) 763-0784

E: nsoleil at enphaseenergy.com

[image: nabcep logo] Certified Solar PV Installer #03262011-300

“Don’t get me wrong: I love nuclear energy! It’s just that I prefer fusion
to fission. And it just so happens that there’s an enormous fusion reactor
safely banked a few million miles from us. It delivers more than we could
ever use in just about 8 minutes. And it’s wireless! .”

- William McDonough

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not review, use, copy, disclose or distribute this message. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.