[RE-wrenches] System Performance | Battery Based Grid Tie

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 20 15:40:29 PST 2011

I think that outback did some research on their system and they had about 2 to 4% less power than a SMA system  I feel the reason for Bimodal is far more than 2 to 4%
My 40 kW outback system has solar pyrometer and I have a method of comparing solar radiation to AC grid,  I also hve a method to look at intermediate steps, my anlaysis is that the modules are performing below, rating and I have had some module failures, but with 800 modules it is hard to find the bad actors.  the system was installed in 2002 and 2003 january.  In 2007 I measured the solar to AC and got 63%  sorry I have not tracked it since then, other than the demand reduction for the facility,  The facility is office 9-5  or 8 to 4 or like that,  AC during the summewr is day time only, Every month of the year this system reduces demand.
dt