[RE-wrenches] Convert Grid Tie SW4048 to Backup System; Add New Inverter, AC Coupled

Joel Davidson joel.davidson at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 22 09:47:54 PST 2011

Allan,

Thanks for reprinting the discussion. The retired engineer and his SW4048 are still both alive and doing well. Aside from the Trace SW4048 grid-tie low dc-to-ac efficiency (~65%), it is still one of the finest inverters ever made. In case I outlast my 13 year old SW4048, what new inverter has the same rugged durability but higher grid-tie efficiency?

Joel Davidson