[RE-wrenches] interrupting current calculations used to determine the interrupting of the AC equipment.

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 3 21:25:31 PDT 2011

Wery well said Gary, the service drop and service lateral serve to limit the AFC,

I did not mention that large switch gear has to have With Stand Current rating also which means if subject to a short and the AFC the gear shall not distruct from the mechanical forces generated by the magnetic fields.  In the case I mentioned the busbars were ripped from their mounts and the cabinets were pulled into the mess.  ( ever see welding cables snap together when a high current passes?