[RE-wrenches] Module Load Rating

Rich Nicol rich at solartechvt.com
Thu Oct 6 10:41:21 PDT 2011

Hi Wrenches -

I've noticed discrepancies in load rating methods for various modules and
wondered if there was any insight from the installer community.  REC claims
113 PSF, Sharp claims only 50PSF. Solarworld notes 50PSF load rating, but
113 PSF snow load rating. I'm assuming the difference is that snow load
rating is greater because its assumed to be widely distributed, but yet its
still per square foot so perhaps not.  Is a Sharp module such as the
240NUQ-240F2 as durable as REC, Evergreen, Solarworld etc and they are just
more honest in their portrayal of load rating.

Thanks for your help,

Rich