[RE-wrenches] interrupting current calculations used to determine the interrupting of the AC equipment.

Gary Willett gary at icarussolarservices.com
Mon Oct 3 13:32:37 PDT 2011

James:

I believe your PE is referring to the short circuit current calculations
of 110.10, and the 110.24 marking requirements for AFC (Available Fault
Current). The utility company should be able to give you the AFC at the
secondary of their transformer, or better yet - at the service equipment.

The short circuit current rating of the utilization equipment, and the
AIC (Available Interrupting Current) rating of the OCPD in the
utilization equipment, must exceed the AFC.

Regards,

Gary Willett, PE