[RE-wrenches] Grounding Requirement Question

Mark Frye markf at berkeleysolar.com
Tue Sep 6 13:18:12 PDT 2011

Aaron,

I am still back at NEC 2008 on this but see 690.47 (C), especially (3) ..a
single conductor shall be permitted to be used to perform the multiple
functions of dc grounding, ac grouding,.....(5) a common buss bar shall be
permitted to be used for both systems (6) a common grounding electrode shall
be permitted to be used for both systems...

Review this article and share it with your inspector in order to determine
what is motivating him.

Mark Frye
Berkeley Solar Electric Systems
303 Redbud Way