[RE-wrenches] wrenches] Value of PV system to a home

Jason Szumlanski Jason at fafcosolar.com
Thu Mar 24 09:12:16 PDT 2011

That opens up a whole other discussion: why do people think solar is so troublesome to get installed. Is it the perceived cost? Selecting a contractor? Learning the basics? If we’re listening to the anecdotal evidence, the value seems to be from having someone else deal with the _hassle_ of getting solar installed. That’s not good!

It’s hard to strike a balance between telling people that installing solar is easy, but then telling them that you can’t trust any Johnny-come-lately to install it.

Anyway, it’s good to hear that homes are selling faster with solar. I see it pop up in MLS listing all the time around here, so it must be important to someone. Now, back to how to put a value on it and get banks and realtors to agree!

Jason Szumlanski

Fafco Solar