[RE-wrenches] Value of PV system to a home

Exeltech exeltech at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 23 11:02:30 PDT 2011

I second Bob-O's comments, with anecdotal experience...

Several years ago, during the worst of the real estate slump, the house next to
ours was on the market for a VERY long time.  A Re-Max broker showing the house
one weekend saw the PV and DHW on our home.  When the prospective buyers left,
the broker came over, identified herself, and asked if we had "solar" on our home.
I replied we did.  She asked if we were interested in selling our home.  We weren't,
but curious as to what prompted her query .. I asked.

She replied they'd had two grid-tied solar homes in their inventory earlier that year.

During a time when homes were typically on the market for 12-18 months, she told me
both homes sold within 48 hours *because* they were already "solar" .. and she was
looking for more.

Dan