[RE-wrenches] Generator for off grid

R Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Tue Jan 25 10:47:13 PST 2011

The Yamaha 2800 inverter generator is also a good choice, but only for small systems. I found them an ideal match for the mod sine DR inverters (especially the DR1500s)
I've done a couple of propane conversions to these, but I can't recommend it. Worked fine, just by the time you're done, it is more cost effective to just get a Kohler from Lowes.
(I know, they're air cooled, 3600 rpm, but they're still better than any portable)

R. Walters
ray at solarray.com
Solar Engineer