[RE-wrenches] Expansion on conduits on commercial roof tops!

Glenn Burt glenn.burt at glbcc.com
Thu Dec 22 10:21:11 PST 2011

If you are talking about commercial flat roofs, we never use PVC - too much
expansion potential.

All our rooftop conduit runs here in the Albany, NY area are RMC of the
galvanized type, and of course, threaded.

There are standard plumbing supports with rollers, as well as standard
expansion fittings (be sure to match the fitting to the conduit - don't use
EMT with RMC unless approved by the manufacturer).

A great product we have recently begun using is a EPDM pipe support by the
Rubber Triangle Company that is compatible with most rubber roofing, and
allows a lot of movement.

-Glenn