[RE-wrenches] Diversion load for AC coupled system

David Katz dkatz at aeesolar.com
Wed Nov 30 10:05:11 PST 2011

Larry,
I think you want the PWM controller to start first so the turn on will be smooth.  If the current capacity of the diversion controller is exceeded then you want the relay to switch in the big load.  At that point the diversion controller will back off and pickup the difference.  That is why I suggested the the relay controlled load be 50 to 75% of the pwm diversion load, so that whenever it turns on the pwm controller will be working, too.
David

David Katz
CTO & Founder
AEE Solar Inc