[RE-wrenches] battery cycle life, US Battery

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar larry at starlightsolar.com
Fri Sep 16 09:15:27 PDT 2011

Hi Ron,
Have a look back a few months ago to the discussion about multiple battery strings. My synopsis: large, parallel banks are not good; fewer strings are always better. How large a bank are we talking about here?

Scientist?? That sounds kind of like “Yea, I been a ‘lectrician for XX years...”, something I have heard hundreds of times. It’s just pride saying “Look, I can pee that far too!” when in reality they are clueless about DC power systems. I’m ranting but my point is you should convince your customer that a hands-on, real world experienced professional has a much broader understanding of RE system intricacies than a “scientist”.

Larry