[RE-wrenches] Enphase 215

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Wed Aug 24 13:49:49 PDT 2011

Keith:

Her's my guess:  Through the MPPT algorithm.  The processor indicates near
maximum output, the MPPT impedance reduces to throttle back power production.

This is pure speculation, but I'm stickin' with it (untold told otherwise).

Throwing away power?  Yes.  If MPPT is not at maximum power transfer at all
times then your investment in PV is not earning it's full return.  However,
your inverter investment is not earning it's full return during the many
hours of less than optimum insolation.  These are the two factors to
balance in system design.

William