[RE-wrenches] Out of Warranty Inverter Replacements

Exeltech exeltech at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 19 11:33:57 PDT 2011

--- On Fri, 8/19/11, Mark Frye <markf at berkeleysolar.com> wrote:

> The
question is to what extent can the installer rely on the representations
> made by manufactures with respect to their ratings and product
life?

Depends on what failed in the units.  Take failures in anything .. cars for example.  In 100,000 cars, let's say a manufacturer has a failure rate of 0.1%.  That's a total of 100 cars that will have problems.  If there are 100 different failed parts, it's luck of the draw.  If there are 80 cars that have the same part fail .. that's a different story.

Making equipment more robust, yet constantly lower in cost, are diametrically opposing goals.

Dan