[RE-wrenches] Fronius IG vs IG Plus inverters

Nick Vida nickvida at ymail.com
Tue Jun 28 21:57:22 PDT 2011

I foresee some more failures in the IG plus, the details of which I will not
share here, but you can ask me off-list if you like. I will say that the IG plus
has a trifling bracket design with rectangle holes that is not really strong
enough to hold the inverter up on its own, and does not lend itself well to a
perfect mating of the 2 sections of the inverter. If you think you would like to
lag up a stud on the middle row, the bracket will deform, causing you to add
more anchors just to hold the thing up in the corners. And if you miss a pilot
hole by a 1/4 inch or whatever, and you decide to try and drill out the hole to
give you some play, go to your vise, cause the rectangle holes will put your
un-sprained wrists in jeopardy. The plus has a way better dc terminal, but you
need to get fuses, and the ac terminal is the same horrible white plastic one
from the IG.
Also, there are removable vent clean outs on the right side of the IG plus, so
it is difficult to leave access in some cases, and you might have to remove the
power stage to clean them if you run a pipe there.

nick vida
Brighter Days