[RE-wrenches] Fronius IG vs IG Plus inverters

Jimmy Thompson jimmy at southern-energy.com
Tue Jun 28 10:45:20 PDT 2011

All

I have had good experiences with the IG Plus. It is easy to work with and
the different power stages make for a more efficient inverter. The IG
however is not very good in my opinion. The groundfault cards tend to go bad
due to poor ventilation. Dust and dirt tends to get trapped inside the
inverter. With that being said, Fronius always sent a replacement and was
very helpful anytime I called.

Jimmy Thompson, Design Support
NABCEP PV Certified Installer
Southern Energy Management